Sunday, July 17, 2011

Elton John - Your Song


         
It's a little bit funny 
this feeling inside 
I'm not one of those 
who can easily hide 
I don't have much money 
but boy if I did 
I'd buy a big house 
where we both could live 

If I was a sculptor, 
but then again, no 
Or a man who makes potions 
in a travelling show 
I know it's not much 
but it's the best I can do 
My gift is my song 
and this one's for you 

And you can tell everybody 
this is your song 
It may be quite simple 
but now that it's done 
I hope you don't mind 
I hope you don't mind 
that I put down in words 
How wonderful life is 
while you're in the world 

I sat on the roof 
and kicked off the moss 
Well a few of the verses 
well they've got me quite cross 
But the sun's been quite kind 
while I wrote this song 
It's for people like you 
that keep it turned on 

So excuse me forgetting 
but these things I do 
You see I've forgotten 
if they're green or they're blue 
Anyway the thing is 
what I really mean 
Yours are the sweetest eyes 
I've ever seen 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment